Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Ashish Dutt <as...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/08 10:03:45 UTC

How to upgrade Spark version in CDH 5.4

Hi,
I need to upgrade spark version 1.3 to version 1.4 on CDH 5.4.
I checked the documentation here
<http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/documentation/cloudera-manager/v5-1-x/Cloudera-Manager-Managing-Clusters/cm5mc_upgrade_cdh5_using_parcels.html#xd_583c10bfdbd326ba--6eed2fb8-14349d04bee--7dc6__section_zd5_1yz_l4>
but
I do not see any thing relevant

Any suggestions directing to a solution are welcome.

Thanks,
Ashish

Re: How to upgrade Spark version in CDH 5.4

Posted by David Sabater Dinter <da...@gmail.com>.
As Sean suggested you can actually build Spark 1.4 for CDH 5.4.x and also
include Hive libraries for 0.13.1, but *this will be completely unsupported
by Cloudera*.
I would suggest to do that only if you just want to experiment with new
features from Spark 1.4. I.e. Run SparkSQL with sort-merge join to run
expensive BI types of queries over a Hadoop YARN cluster.
You just need to keep the build in your user folder across the cluster,
then include the Path for the binaries (spark-shell, spark-subimt,
pyspark,etc...) in your user profile and make sure you include CDH
Classpath to load all dependencies.

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Ruslan Dautkhanov <da...@gmail.com>.