Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/02 14:17:33 UTC

Maven Release plug-in and parent.version dependency

Hello maven users,

Should maven release plug-in handle parent.version references in
dependencies? If yes, then there is a bug in recently released 2.0-beta-9
version of the plug-in, release:prepare breaks if there is a dependency with
version set to ${parent.version}.

E.g. If there is a multi-module maven project P with version 0.0.1-SNAPSHOT,
and if there are two child modules A and B of the project P, both with
version set to ${parent.version}, and if module B depends on module A and
expresses that dependency using version ${parent.version}, release:prepare
will break stating that "The version could not be updated:
${parent.version}"

Regards,
Stevo.

Re: Maven Release plug-in and parent.version dependency

Posted by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com>.
One more potential issue found: release:perform fails to checkout a tag
created in release:prepare stating that "The svn command failed." and that
"svn: Can't create directory '%longish_path%' : The filename or extension is
too long." even though path is way below maximum lenght of windows xp. It
could be that issue is in svn command line client (CollabNet, 1.5.6,
r36142), but I suspect that problem is in maven scm svn provider.

http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#long-paths
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa365247.aspx#maximum_path_length