Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Steffanina, Jeff" <Je...@marriott.com> on 2009/03/31 13:00:37 UTC

Top Margin vs First Printable Position on a Page

Friends,
If I use MicroSoft Word and print "ABC" with the top margin set to 0, I
get the ABC in the extreme upper left corner (about one-tenth of an inch
from the top) of the printed page on my printer.

I need to get an image to start at the extreme, upper left corner of the
printed page.  It seems that the best I can do with FOP, is about
one-half inch from the top of the page.  I have carefully reviewed the
graphic (.jpg) and I am confident that it is in good form.
Here are my "region-before" settings:

<fo:region-before  extent="10.7in"
              line-height="1in"

background-image="url('java/images/RI_Thrive_nospace.jpg')"
              background-position-vertical="bottom"
                    background-repeat="no-repeat"
                    margin-top=".1in"
                    margin-left=".25in"
                    absolute-position="fixed"
                    font-size="0pt"
                    display-align="after" />

If I change the "extent", it chops off the image at the top.

Any ideas????

Jeff