Posted to user@spark.apache.org by ratio <gm...@gmx.de> on 2015/07/07 17:02:28 UTC

Re: Error when connecting to Spark SQL via Hive JDBC driver

Hi,

problem not solved yet. Compiling Spark by myself is no option. I don't have
permissions and skills for doing that. Could someone please explain, what
exactly is causing the problem? If Spark is distributed via pre-compiled
versions, why not to add the corresponding JDBC driver jars?

At least Spark SQL is competing for "Standard Connectivity: Connect through
JDBC or ODBC. Spark SQL includes a server mode with industry standard JDBC
and ODBC connectivity."

It seems like a great piece of software is shipped with a small lack, making
it unusable for a part of the community...

Thank you.

Re: Error when connecting to Spark SQL via Hive JDBC driver

Posted by Eric Pederson <er...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ratio -

You need more than just hive-jdbc jar.

Here are all of the jars that I found were needed.  I got this list from
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HiveServer2+Clients#HiveServer2Clients-RunningtheJDBCSampleCode
plus trial and error.

[image: Inline image 1]

-- Eric