Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by fa...@gmail.com on 2012/02/17 11:01:03 UTC

Building Hadoop UI

Hello everyone,

in order to provide our clients a custom UI for their MapReduce jobs and HDFS files, what is the best solution to create a web-based UI for Hadoop?
We are not going to use Cloudera HUE, we need something more user-friendly and shaped for our clients needs.

Thanks,

Fabio Pitzolu

Re: Building Hadoop UI

Posted by fa...@gmail.com.
Hi Harsh,

thanks for your feedback, I'm really interested in the new HUE branch.
Our clients are always looking for something customized, which is difficult to achieve sometimes if we don't have something that we can re-use. Our goal is to create a sort of template structure and build our app on top of it.

I'll let you know about the development, also take a look at the HUE dev community list.

Thanks,

Fabio Pitzolu
fabio.pitzolu@gmail.com

Re: Building Hadoop UI

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Fabio,

--
Harsh J
Customer Ops. Engineer

Re: Building Hadoop UI

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
You might want to get involved in Apache Ambari:
http://incubator.apache.org/ambari/

Ambari aims to provide install, configuration and management (including dashboards etc.).

For what you are looking for, Ambari uses metrics from various projects in Hadoop ecosystem (hadoop, hbase etc.) to draw dashboard UI etc., it might be something useful for you.

Arun

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.