Posted to user@commons.apache.org by ed...@convergys.com on 2006/04/05 10:04:00 UTC

commons-validator - javascript error

I have a problem using struts validation.
I'm trying to validate a required field and I get javascript error:
formName_required is undefined.
I'm using struts version 1.2, and common-validation version 1.3.0.
The problem is in the javascript validateRequired:
        var oRequired = eval('new ' + jcv_retrieveFormName(form) +
'_required()');
But the function name being generated is only required() and not
formName_required().

Any ideas?

Edo Dovrat.

Re: commons-validator - javascript error

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On 4/5/06, edo.dovrat@convergys.com <ed...@convergys.com> wrote:
> I have a problem using struts validation.
> I'm trying to validate a required field and I get javascript error:
> formName_required is undefined.
> I'm using struts version 1.2, and common-validation version 1.3.0.
> The problem is in the javascript validateRequired:
>        var oRequired = eval('new ' + jcv_retrieveFormName(form) +
> '_required()');
> But the function name being generated is only required() and not
> formName_required().

It works fine for me with the struts-examples webapp from both Struts
1.2.4 and Struts 1.2.9 when I ugrade to Validator 1.3.0.

What version of Struts 1.2 are you using?

Niall