Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by da...@ubs.com on 2001/05/04 09:06:04 UTC

Adding type 1 fonts - BUG ?

Hello all,

Can anyone help me....

I am adding Type 1 fonts to my usercofig.xml file in order to embed them into
pdf.

When I type "java org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.PFMReader frutigerl.pfm frutl.xml"
at the command line I get the following
error after it says "Creating XML font file..." (therefore the pfm file is ok)

"Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Integer at
org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.PFMReader.constructFontXML(PFMReader.java:327) at
org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.PFMReader.main(PFRReader.java:127)"

It has failed as above on about three fonts I have tried.

Also, when I did get it to work with another font Acrobat Reader gave me an
error message "Unable to extract embedded font, some chars may not appear
correctly"...but then they do !!!

Can anyone help me as I am getting desperate...

Thanks,
Daryl

Re: Adding type 1 fonts - BUG ?

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <je...@outline.ch>.
> Can anyone help me....
>
> I am adding Type 1 fonts to my usercofig.xml file in order to embed them into
> pdf.
>
> When I type "java org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.PFMReader frutigerl.pfm frutl.xml"
> at the command line I get the following
> error after it says "Creating XML font file..." (therefore the pfm file is ok)
>
> "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Integer at
> org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.PFMReader.constructFontXML(PFMReader.java:327) at
> org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.PFMReader.main(PFRReader.java:127)"
>

> It has failed as above on about three fonts I have tried.
>

> Also, when I did get it to work with another font Acrobat Reader gave me an
> error message "Unable to extract embedded font, some chars may not appear
> correctly"...but then they do !!!
>
> Can anyone help me as I am getting desperate...

This bug has already been fixed (Apr 16). Have a look at the current CVS
version.

Jeremias Märki

mailto:jeremias.maerki@outline.ch

OUTLINE AG
Fon +41 (41) 317 2020 - Fax +41 (41) 317 2029
Internet http://www.outline.ch