Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Eugene Ong <pe...@yahoo.com> on 2012/12/06 16:46:26 UTC

xmx and memoryList

lets say that I set my -Xmx (heap size) to 1G. Is it a good idea to also set my activemq memoryUsage limit to 1G. Why or why not?

Re: xmx and memoryList

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
No, it's not.
the memoryUsage limit is for messages cached within the broker ready for
dispatch. it should be a portion of the heap usage (50-70%). you still need
heap memory for normal usage (threads, object creation, etc). if you set
memoryLImit to the same as the JVM heap, you can run OOM.

Hope that helps

--
*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog