Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Amir Caspi <ce...@3phase.com> on 2014/01/14 02:58:43 UTC

Re: Email address in subject line

On Dec 28, 2013, at 9:08 PM, John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org> wrote:

>> Yes, I definitely noticed that.  As you can see from the spample (link
>> below), none of the above rules are hitting properly; the To: line is a
>> bare email, not properly angle-bracketed.  Or, if any of the rules are
>> hitting, the meta rule that they are supposed to trigger still does not
>> trigger.
>>
>>> If you can post a spample or two somewhere I'll see what I can do.
>>
>> Spample:
>> http://pastebin.com/0jEMBA1X
>
> Thanks, I'll take a look.

Just to note that I saw a bunch of hits on TO_IN_SUBJ today, when the To: was a bare email... I guess you've been working on this and pushed an update out?  If so, it seems to be working nicely so far.

> I'll have to check on that, I haven't looked in a while. My off-the-cuff answer is: look in my sandbox and in the masscheck results, I expect it isn't doing too well against the masscheck corpora.

Just checking to see if you had a chance to investigate your HTML_COMMENT_GIBBERISH rule and whether it was working OK or not...

Cheers.

--- Amir

Re: Email address in subject line

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Mon, 13 Jan 2014, Amir Caspi wrote:

> On Dec 28, 2013, at 9:08 PM, John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org> wrote:
>
>>> Yes, I definitely noticed that.  As you can see from the spample (link
>>> below), none of the above rules are hitting properly; the To: line is a
>>> bare email, not properly angle-bracketed.  Or, if any of the rules are
>>> hitting, the meta rule that they are supposed to trigger still does not
>>> trigger.

>>> Spample:
>>> http://pastebin.com/0jEMBA1X
>>
>> Thanks, I'll take a look.
>
> Just to note that I saw a bunch of hits on TO_IN_SUBJ today, when the
> To: was a bare email... I guess you've been working on this and pushed
> an update out?  If so, it seems to be working nicely so far.
>
>> I'll have to check on that, I haven't looked in a while. My off-the-cuff answer is: look in my sandbox and in the masscheck results, I expect it isn't doing too well against the masscheck corpora.
>
> Just checking to see if you had a chance to investigate your HTML_COMMENT_GIBBERISH rule and whether it was working OK or not...
>
> Cheers.

Sorry, $WORK is really busy now. Dunno when I'll get a chance.

   My sidearm is a piece of emergency equipment. It absolutely must
   be reliable, not "smart".
  4 days until Benjamin Franklin's 308th Birthday