Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by ma...@dlr.de on 2011/06/06 09:17:15 UTC

Catacomb webdav module as part of httpd

Hello all,

the catacomb project exists for quite some time. Catacomb is a WebDAV repository module for use with the Apache WebDAV module, mod_dav.
Mod_dav already comes with a module that acts like an interface between the httpd-server and the local hard drive: mod_dav_fs. Catacomb (mod_dav_repos) is an alternative module that could replace mod_dav_fs. So the catacomb project is wondering if catacomb could become a httpd-subproject and the main module (mod_dav_repos) could co-exist with mod_dav_fs.

Of course the project needs to pass through some kind of incubation process to adapt code structure and style, and maybe some structural changes need to be made.

Catacomb could be found at apache-extras: http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/catacomb/

How could this process started? Any thoughts?

Markus

AW: Catacomb webdav module as part of httpd

Posted by ma...@dlr.de.
Thanks for that promising answer.

Yes I read the material from the incubator, and some time ago we started to write a proposal for catacomb. We discussed that and come to the conclusion that our code has not the right potential to be an own project. It would just make more sense to add it to the httpd project, but we do not have a clue how to start that process.

And yes, there are maybe parts we had to adapt and much code style to change, but we could do this in a separate branch until it fits into the httpd project.

Yes we discussed offering it to apache, and we agreed that it would be a great chance for our project.

Please tell me if you need any more information about the code and/or functionality.

How could we proceed now?
Markus

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.