Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Georg Sorst <g....@findologic.com> on 2016/04/17 16:00:01 UTC

ManagedSynonymFilterFactory per core instead of config set?

Hi list!

Is it possible to set synonyms per core when using
the ManagedSynonymFilterFactory, even when using config sets?

What makes me think that this is not possible is that the synonyms are
stored in
$solr_home/configsets/$config_set/conf/_schema_analysis_synonyms_$resource.json.
So when I add some synonyms to core A (which uses $config_set) and then
create core B (which also uses $config_set), then core B will have the same
synonyms as core A. I have validated this by GETing the synonyms for core B.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this on purpose? Is there a way to manage
synonyms per core? Should I use a differente value for $resource for each
core?

Thanks!
Georg
--
*Georg M. Sorst I CTO*
FINDOLOGIC GmbH

Jakob-Haringer-Str. 5a | 5020 Salzburg I T.: +43 662 456708
E.: g.sorst@findologic.com
www.findologic.com Folgen Sie uns auf: XING
<https://www.xing.com/profile/Georg_Sorst>facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/Findologic> Twitter
<https://twitter.com/findologic>

Wir sehen uns auf dem *Shopware Community Day in Ahaus am 20.05.2016!* Hier
<beratung@findologic.com?subject=Terminvereinbarung%20SCD> Termin
vereinbaren!
Wir sehen uns auf der* dmexco in Köln am 14.09. und 15.09.2016!* Hier
<beratung@findologic.com?subject=Terminvereinbarung%20dmexco> Termin
vereinbaren!

Re: ManagedSynonymFilterFactory per core instead of config set?

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
The managed schema stuff is changing the configset
copy by design, not the individual core's synonyms
so you are correct, you can't at this point have
different synonyms per core if those cores are using
the same configset.

Best,
Erick

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.