Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Kundrot, Steven" <St...@parexel.com> on 2003/01/07 14:47:41 UTC

Redirecting In JetSpeed

I'm having problems redirecting inside of JetSpeed, specifically inside of a
JspPortletAction.  I've read the archives and it looks like I'm not alone.
Has anyone figured out how to perform a clean redirect?  I've tried a bunch
of combinations and I'm running into the same problems as other users.  I've
tried the following:

1.  <jsp:forward ....> inside Jsp -->  IlegalStateException - response
already committed.
2.  rundata.setRedirectURI( ... ); rundata.setStatusCode( 302 ); --> Nothing
happens
3.  rundata.getResponse().sendRedirect( .... ); --> IlegalStateException.

The only thing that I can get to work is to use the a META tag (ie. <META
HTTP-EQUIV=Refresh CONTENT="0; URL=www.google.com"/> )

Is there any other way to do the redirect?  I can't believe that my only
option is an ugly meta tag?

Environment:
Jetspeed 1.4b2 (nightly build from 9/9/2002)

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,
Steve

The information transmitted in this communication is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or
other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
received this in error, please destroy any copies, contact the sender and
delete the material from any computer.