Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Cook, Levi" <le...@kraft.com> on 2001/07/02 16:11:32 UTC

Re: FW: tar task blues

Thanks for the tips-- Figuring out how to design around immutable properties
was a fairly tricky issue at first, but it seems quite sensible now.

I've attached my script, which works great for me, minus the apparent errs
made by the tar task.

As far as property initialization goes, I'm not passing in any -D options,
and pull info from the following two properties files:
<property file="${user.home}/${ant.project.name}.build.properties"/>
<property file="build.properties"/>

The first is currently blank-- The second is as follows:

### Contents of build.properties
# build.compiler=jikes
vss.ssdir=c:/program files/microsoft visual studio/vss/win32
vss.login=xxx,xxx

 <<build.xml>>

Thanks again,
Levi Cook

:(
>> Can anyone confirm this behavior? or suggest an ant based fix?

> This sounds vaguely like an issue relating to immutable properties.
> Properties are immutable so when you do something like

> <property name="tar.tmp.dir" value="${dest.dir}/tar-tmp-dir"/>

> It will only set this to correct value first time though. Consequently if
you
> were to run fixcrlf it will always use this value. Could this be the
cause?