Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> on 2003/06/16 01:30:58 UTC

svn switch --relocate arguments

is there a reason we require two arguments to 'svn switch --relocate'?

it seems like the 'from' url would just be the url entry in the target
directory if it isn't specified on the command line...

is there something i'm missing here?

-garrett

Re: svn switch --relocate arguments

Posted by mark benedetto king <mb...@lowlatency.com>.
On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 09:30:58PM -0400, Garrett Rooney wrote:
> is there a reason we require two arguments to 'svn switch --relocate'?
>
> it seems like the 'from' url would just be the url entry in the target
> directory if it isn't specified on the command line...
>
> is there something i'm missing here?

Well, the code is permissive enough to allow you to do something
sneaky like

svn switch --relocate http svn

Or, let's say at work you access the repo as "http://svn.my.com/repos/",
but from home as "http://firewall.my.com/repos", you could do:

svn switch --relocate http://svn http://firewall

This may be a bit too permissive, though; perhaps we should solve
issue 960 (separate canonical repository URL from repos path in wc)
first, then supplant the two-argument version of relocate with a
single-argument one.

--ben