Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> on 2006/04/24 16:30:01 UTC

1.1 - Development Freeze begins - Time to test, test, test

All,

We've reached the code freeze time for 1.1.  In order to get a respectable release out soon we'll
need to focus on bug fixes, testing, deploying and running the server.  All changes should be
checked in already.

In my opinion, people are waiting for 1.1 and expecting a reliable, solid server.  Solid from the
perspective that it runs reliably and consistently.  I expect the nice folks over at the other Open
Source AppServer projects are waiting to see how we do.  Let's show everyone that we're on a track
for success.

Here is the major tasks we need to focus on:

1. Testing
Includes the all consolelinks, deployment from console, command line deployment, DayTrader in all
modes of operation, performance, stress, etc.  This is the most important aspect of getting 1.1 to
be solid.

2. CTS Testing
Certainly a limited number of folks can work on this but whoever has some extra capacity talk to
Kevan and I'm sure he'll have stuff to do.

3. Documentation
We've made several changes to the server in terms of the configIds.  Let's make sure we accurately
communicate the changes in the release notes for our users.

4. Focus
Let's stay focused on 1.1.  We've only got a few more weeks to go before our release goes live.

5. Package Upgrades
As soon as we have a successful set of tests we'll upgrade the appropriate packages and cut releases
of ActiveMQ, TranQL and OpenEJB.

We're almost there guys.

Matt