Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Geoffrey Wiseman <ge...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/12 03:02:53 UTC

Re: Which phase does a plugin's goal execute ?

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 9:21 PM, Balasubramanian, Ravi Shankar <
rbalasub@informatica.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am executing a plugin's goal directly through the maven command. It is
> executed as follows:
>
> mvn clover2:setup ( which executes the setup goal of the clover2 plugin)
>
> However, I want another plugin's goal to be executed before the
> clover2:setup goal is executed which I have to mention in the pom.xml.
> Is there a way to find out which phase does the plugin's goal actually
> executes when we call it directly ?

As far as I understand it, when you invoke a plugin directly, there is no
phase per se -- you're just invoking a plugin.  You could invoke two plugins
(mvn clover2:setup jetty:run), or create a profile where you bind each
plugin two phases in sequence, but you can't bind one plugin to another's
invocation.

  - Geoffrey
--
Geoffrey Wiseman