Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2007/10/25 16:28:47 UTC

[drlvm] Removing empty files?

Any reason why we need to keep the following empty files in drlvm:

  vm/vmcore/src/kernel_classes/native/java_lang_VMStart.cpp
    (last changed by geirm r454411 as part of HARMONY-1582)

  vm/jitrino/src/codegenerator/CodeGenIntfc.cpp
  vm/jitrino/src/dynopt/EdgeProfiler.h
  vm/jitrino/src/shared/Exceptions.h
    (last changed by varlax r525110 as part of HARMONY-3511)

Regards,
 Mark.

Re: [drlvm] Removing empty files?

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.
On 25 October 2007 at 22:09, Gregory Shimansky <gs...@apache.org> wrote:
> Mark Hindess wrote:
> > Any reason why we need to keep the following empty files in drlvm:
> >
> >   vm/vmcore/src/kernel_classes/native/java_lang_VMStart.cpp
> >     (last changed by geirm r454411 as part of HARMONY-1582)
> >
> >   vm/jitrino/src/codegenerator/CodeGenIntfc.cpp
> >   vm/jitrino/src/dynopt/EdgeProfiler.h
> >   vm/jitrino/src/shared/Exceptions.h
> >     (last changed by varlax r525110 as part of HARMONY-3511)
>
> I think that's because patch command doesn't delete files. It just
> makes them of zero length. I had to "svn remove" them by hands when I
> applied a patch that removes a file. Most likely they were missed for
> deletion and should just be removed.

I assumed the same thing (although context diff and POSIX patches should
handle empty files correctly).

Alexey has checked and removed them.  Thanks.

Posted by Alexey Varlamov <al...@gmail.com>.
Dropped them at revision: 588523, thanks.

--
Alexey

Posted by Gregory Shimansky <gs...@apache.org>.