Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Entropy <bl...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/14 17:01:30 UTC

Two Questions

1) I have a feedback panel and when i add messages under info(), they do not
show up.  When I add the message via error(), it shows as expected.  Why
might this be?

2) I am using the @SpringBean annotation, works fine.  But I want to inject
a string property value that came from the properties file my spring reads.
How would I get that?  I tried ${myProp} in the @SpringBean, but that
doesn't work...and I kinda thought it would be a longshot.

Re: Two Questions

Posted by Tobias Gierke <to...@voipfuture.com>.
Hi,
> 1) I have a feedback panel and when i add messages under info(), they do not
> show up.  When I add the message via error(), it shows as expected.  Why
> might this be?
Hm, IMHO both should work. Are you maybe using AJAX and not adding the
FeedbackPanel to the AjaxRequestTarget when using info() ? In this case
you should see a warning in your log output (something along the lines
of "component-targeted feedback message was not rendered").

> 2) I am using the @SpringBean annotation, works fine.  But I want to inject
> a string property value that came from the properties file my spring reads.
> How would I get that?  I tried ${myProp} in the @SpringBean, but that
> doesn't work...and I kinda thought it would be a longshot.
There are probably more elegant solutions but I would go with an ugly &
simple one here and use an intermediate bean to hold just the value (and
then use PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer+property expression to inject the
value into this intermediary). You could ofc roll your own bean Injector
but I'm not sure it's worth the effort.

Cheers,
Tobias