Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Kevin Menard <ni...@negativetwenty.net> on 2005/03/01 06:45:54 UTC

Re: How to make a component that uses another component?

On Feb 28, 2005, at 7:50 AM, Kevin Menard wrote:

> Hope that helps you out a bit.  It's really a custom component
> containing a custom component, but the idea is the same.

Oops.  It's not really a custom component containing a custom
component.  It's a custom component containing a Form component.  The
general idea is still the same though.

--
Kevin

Re: How to make a component that uses another component?

Posted by Vince Marco <vm...@mac.com>.
I led a small team which built several webapps on Tapestry 3.0 before
TIA was released.  The trick is not trying to apply everything in
Tapestry and focus on the basic webapp functions needed.  You can
always grow into the rest of Tapestry as you go.  Of course that isn't
much comfort to folks who are "top-down" learners.

I do agree that there still are some essentials to learn for basic
Tapestry apps, and now that TIA is out it is an almost necessary path
for Tapestry development.

Vince

Posted by Kevin Menard <ni...@negativetwenty.net>.