Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "LARRAIN, GUIDO MARTIN (AG-Contractor/5000)" <gu...@monsanto.com> on 2013/03/08 17:05:38 UTC

mvn deploy - Passing username and password as arguments

Hi There;

I'm newbie on Maven and I have a few questions about some particular options of the MVN command.

I wanna know if there is a way to send a userid and password as an argument when you want to deploy an artifact into a repo.

I really appreciate if you can help me with that. Thanks in advance!

Guido Larrain

This e-mail message may contain privileged and/or confidential information, and is intended to be received only by persons entitled
to receive such information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately. Please delete it and
all attachments from any servers, hard drives or any other media. Other use of this e-mail by you is strictly prohibited.

All e-mails and attachments sent and received are subject to monitoring, reading and archival by Monsanto, including its
subsidiaries. The recipient of this e-mail is solely responsible for checking for the presence of "Viruses" or other "Malware".
Monsanto, along with its subsidiaries, accepts no liability for any damage caused by any such code transmitted by or accompanying
this e-mail or any attachment.

The information contained in this email may be subject to the export control laws and regulations of the United States, potentially
including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and sanctions regulations issued by the U.S. Department of
Treasury, Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC).  As a recipient of this information you are obligated to comply with all

Re: mvn deploy - Passing username and password as arguments

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.
+1.
If you speak about mvn deploy, using settings.xml is the way to go.
Have a look here: http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-encryption.html

Cheers

Posted by Doug Douglass <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
if you have userProperties defined in child pom.xml
<properties>
         <username>Martin< /username>         <password>MartinsPassword</password>
 </properties>

more frequently properties are utilised to trigger a certain profile in profiles<profiles>
        <profile>
            <id>martin-profile</id>
            <properties>
                <username>Martin</username>
            </properties>
        </profile>
    </profiles>
http://www.sonatype.com/books/mvnref-book/reference/resource-filtering-sect-properties.html Buona Fortuna!
Martin
Per favore non alterare o perturbare questa trasmissione..Grazie

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
On 08/03/2013 11:05 AM, LARRAIN, GUIDO MARTIN (AG-Contractor/5000) wrote:
> Hi There;
>
> I'm newbie on Maven and I have a few questions about some particular options of the MVN command.
>
> I wanna know if there is a way to send a userid and password as an argument when you want to deploy an artifact into a repo.
Why?
I am not sure what each of the Maven repos allows as meta-data or would
allow you to do with it.
You should describe a bit more about what you are trying to accomplish.

--
Ron Wheeler
President