Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Charles Souillard <Ch...@ext.bull.net> on 2006/03/24 14:18:04 UTC

Http component VS Http connector

Hi all,

I am trying to expose a service on sm-http component.
Now I want to call this service thanks to httpclient.
I get an error : Connection refused

I can see that sm-http is using o.a.sm.http.HttpComponent

So I had a look at the http binding example and I can see that this
sample is declaring a component in HttpConnector (o.a.sm.components.http)

I think HttpConnector is launching a http server and not HttpComponent ?

How does sm-http work ?????

Thanks
Charles

Re: Http component VS Http connector

Posted by Charles Souillard <Ch...@ext.bull.net>.
Hi all,

I am now able to send an http/soap request to jetty server...

I have a question concerning the role attribute. I have to choose
between consumer and provider. It is written in the spec that the
provider point of view must be taken but I have some difficulties with
that...

Let me take an example :

I have a business service available in a SE.
I want to expose it through many BC and for example the http/soap BC
(sm-http)
I have to deploy a new SU on sm-http component.
for the http component, should I create an endoint being a provider or a
consumer ? My thinking is consumer...

In addition, I have a doubt concerning the deployment of a SU using
WSDL1Deployer.
My understanding is that I have to put the wsdl file of my Business
Service and add some infos concerning the binding and the endpoint...

For example, I have an existing service called HelloWorldServiceBP with
a port HelloWorld.
I want to make this service accessible through sm-http, is the following
wsdl correct (the one I deploy in sm-http) ?

<portType name='HelloWorld'/>

   <binding name='HelloWorldPTSOAPBinding' type='tns:HelloWorld'>
     <soap:binding transport="http"/>
   </binding>

   <service name='HelloWorldServiceBP'>
      <port name='HelloWorld' binding='tns:HelloWorldPTSOAPBinding'>

      <soap:address location="http://localhost:8192/helloworldForHttp/"/>
      <jbi:endpoint role="consumer"
                      service="hello:HelloWorldOnHttp"
                    defaultMep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out"