Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Sam Liu <vi...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/02 20:32:53 UTC

Custom distribution: cannot override custom.properties

Hi,

I am trying to do my own karaf custom distribution. I was able to produce
it, but the etc/custom.properties file cannot be override. At mean time,
the system.properties and user.properties files can be override. And these
three customized files are located in the same folder...

I attached my bin.xml file here FYI, and any suggestion would be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks!

Sam

--------- begin of the bin.xml file -------------

<assembly>

    <id>bin</id>

    <formats>
        <format>tar.gz</format>
    </formats>

    <fileSets>

        <!-- Expanded Karaf Standard Distribution -->
        <fileSet>
            <directory>target/dependencies/apache-karaf-2.2.8</directory>
            <outputDirectory>/</outputDirectory>
            <excludes>
                <exclude>**/demos/**</exclude>
                <exclude>bin/**</exclude>
                <exclude>etc/system.properties</exclude>
                <exclude>etc/users.properties</exclude>
                <exclude>etc/customer.properties</exclude>
                <exclude>karaf-manual*.html</exclude>
                <exclude>karaf-manual*.pdf</exclude>
                <exclude>LICENSE</exclude>
                <exclude>NOTICE</exclude>
                <exclude>README</exclude>
                <exclude>RELEASE-NOTES</exclude>
            </excludes>
        </fileSet>

        <!-- Copy license and other files from root -->
        <fileSet>
            <directory>readme</directory>
            <outputDirectory>/</outputDirectory>
            <includes>
                <include>LICENSE</include>
                <include>NOTICE</include>
                <include>README</include>
                <include>RELEASE-NOTES</include>
            </includes>
            <lineEnding>unix</lineEnding>
        </fileSet>

        <!-- Copy over bin/* separately to get the correct file mode -->
        <fileSet>
            <directory>target/dependencies/apache-karaf-2.2.8</directory>
           <outputDirectory>/</outputDirectory>
            <includes>
                <include>bin/admin</include>
                <include>bin/karaf</include>
                <include>bin/start</include>
                <include>bin/stop</include>
            </includes>
            <fileMode>0755</fileMode>
        </fileSet>

        <fileSet>
            <directory>src/main/distribution</directory>
            <outputDirectory>/</outputDirectory>
            <fileMode>0644</fileMode>
        </fileSet>

        <fileSet>
            <directory>src/main/distribution</directory>
            <outputDirectory>/</outputDirectory>
            <fileMode>0755</fileMode>
        </fileSet>

        <!-- Copy etc directory -->
        <fileSet>
            <directory>target/classes/etc</directory>
            <outputDirectory>/etc/</outputDirectory>
            <lineEnding>unix</lineEnding>
            <fileMode>0644</fileMode>
        </fileSet>

        <fileSet>
            <directory>target/features-repo</directory>
            <outputDirectory>/system</outputDirectory>
        </fileSet>

    </fileSets>

    <files>
        <!-- Copy the branding jar -->
        <file>
             <source>branding/idabranding.jar</source>
             <outputDirectory>/lib/</outputDirectory>
             <fileMode>0644</fileMode>
        </file>

        <file>

<source>target/dependencies/apache-karaf-2.2.8/bin/karaf</source>
            <outputDirectory>/bin/</outputDirectory>
            <destName>ida</destName>
            <fileMode>0755</fileMode>
            <lineEnding>unix</lineEnding>
        </file>

    </files>

</assembly>

Re: Custom distribution: cannot override custom.properties

Posted by Lars-Erik Helander <le...@gmail.com>.
Good :)

Skickat från min iPhone

Posted by Sam Liu <vi...@gmail.com>.