Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by subhradeep bhatacharya <su...@yahoo.com> on 2006/07/03 12:42:00 UTC

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Doubt in screen widget

Hi Dhilip,

  Widget screen does simply place the ftls in the sequence specified. In the case below it will first place the header, then it will place the left bar ftl, then body, then right bar ftl and lastly the footer. You have to make the ftls such that they get placed in the placeholders you mentioned by using appropriate height,width..and also in the container-style you have to specify the css of the ftl, such as for left bar css you should have "float: left;" and similarly for right bar css "float: right;" should be there.

  Hope I am able to help you.

  Regards,
  Subhra

dhilip kumar <dh...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
    Hi,
I understand widget and decorator patterns in screen. But I am confused
how exactly is the widget-screen identifies the location to place the ftl files.
  Example : The following is the coding in \ecommerce\widget\commonscreens.xml.
  <widgets>
                <!-- render header -->
                <platform-specific><html><html-template location="component://ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/includes/header.ftl"/></html></platform-specific>

                <container id="ecom-mainarea">
                    <!-- by default will render left-bar only if left/rightbarScreenName value not empty -->
    <include-screen name="${leftbarScreenName}" location="${leftbarScreenLocation}"/>
    <include-screen name="${rightbarScreenName}" location="${rightbarScreenLocation}"/>

                    <container style="${MainColumnStyle}">
                        <!-- render messages -->
                        <platform-specific><html><html-template location="component://common/webcommon/includes/messages.ftl"/></html></platform-specific>
                         <decorator-section-include name="body"/>
                    </container>

                    <container style="endcolumns"/>
                </container>

                <!-- render footer -->
                <platform-specific><html><html-template location="component://ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/includes/footer.ftl"/></html></platform-specific>
            </widgets>

This screen includes screens leftbar and rightbar. But how does it exactly places the content in the left and right.
what is the use of  "TemplateData.xml" ?

Thanks
  Thilip

---------------------------------

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Doubt in screen widget

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <to...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

  I think the sequence would be like this :
  1) It will render header section.
  2) Then it will render left section
  3) Then it will render right section.
  4) Then it will place any error message exists at the top of the body section.
  5) Then it will place the body section.
  6) And in last it will place footer section.

 Can you tell me one thing :See the following include-screen tag :

<include-screen name="${leftbarScreenName}"
location="${leftbarScreenLocation}"/>

<include-screen name="${rightbarScreenName}"
location="${rightbarScreenLocation}"/>

How does it render's the rightbarScreenLocation
as well as leftbarScreenLocation (Here i am asking
that how does the screens finds this location.
Are they kept somewhere in context-param)??

For example what i am saying you can see the web.xml file
of any component(for eg:accounting) in which the mainDecoratorLocation
context-param is defined.And this parameter is used by all
the screens in Screen Widgets.

If you find any problem in my description please let me know.

 Thanks & Regards
 Ashish Vijaywargiya

dhilip kumar  wrote:
    Hi,
I understand widget and decorator patterns in screen. But I am confused
how exactly is the widget-screen identifies the location to place the ftl files.
  Example : The following is the coding in \ecommerce\widget\commonscreens.xml.

This screen includes screens leftbar and rightbar. But how does it exactly places the content in the left and right.
what is the use of  "TemplateData.xml" ?

Thanks
  Thilip

"You can't always get what you want but if you try real hard,
 you might just find that you get what you need"

 Regards
 Ashish