Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jeff C <bo...@yahoo.com> on 2007/04/10 06:14:45 UTC

Struts 2 load problems?

This is an update to a queston I asked last week..with a little more info this
time.

We noticed last week the s:text calls would sometimes fail in our jsp files
(we are running on tomcat 5.5 and using struts 2.0.6).

Today, we finally tracked it down to a load issue. When there is light traffic
on the server, everything is fine. When the server is under load, the s:text
lookups fail. The rest of the logic works fine (i.e. the action itself does
what its supposed to do). The only problem is the s:text failures, which cause
the key to be displayed instead of the label, as if the property key lookup
failed. The s:text works inside the i18n tag just fine..it only seems to fail
when looking for properties files looking up the action class heirarchy.

My first thought was that maybe it was an ognl or freemarker issue. I tried
running with the 2 jars we were using with webwork, but still had the problem.
I tried Struts 2.0.5 and still saw the problem.

Has anyone else run into this? Its definitely a load related issue. When i am
the only one hitting the machine, s:text calls work just fine. When i hit the
server with JMeter load tests, the s:text starts failing. Stop the load test,
and s:text once again works.

Thought i would try to ask again if anyone else has seen this before, as i've
spent 4 weeks upgrading our code, and now it appears to have been for nothing.
(we did roll our site back to webwork 2.2.2, and of course the problem went
away).

Thoughts?

Re: Struts 2 load problems?

Posted by Don Brown <do...@gmail.com>.
I believe there is an open issue for localization, which is holding up
the 2.0.8 release.  Hopefully this will resolve the problem.

Don