Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Ali Momeni <am...@yahoo.com> on 2000/12/05 02:16:45 UTC

xalan-java 1.2.2 on Macintosh

Hello,

i just downloaded the 1.2.2 release of xalan-java.  my
understanding of how to run a cross-platform java
application on the macintosh is less that perfect and
i have been unable to put it together.  obviously
there is no executable file for the macintosh platform
in this release.  therefore , it is my understanding
that i must create an executable using the mac
applications "JBindery", a part of the Java SDK for
macs.  this applications does allow me to create a
double-clickable application, however, i'm not sure
how to configuer this application.  i understand that
i must add xalan.jar and xerces.jar to the class path
of the application.  done.   however, i must also
choose a "Class Name" under the "Commands" tab of the
JBindery application.  i tried "xalan" and
"main"("main" because an executable of a diferent
program i have on my machine had "main" in that field
and it seemed to work.

so what do i do?  i need to run your program on a mac.
  i have NO idea how to do it, it MUST be possible.
i've installed Apple's MRJ ver. 2.2.3 and am ready to
go otherwise.

thanks very much in advance and i hope to hear from
you soon.

yours,

ali

http://shopping.yahoo.com/