Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2018/05/07 11:44:30 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Kill metrics.config

Hi,

I’d like to propose that we kill the remnants of metrics.config entirely. This is a rarely used feature of ATS, to produce some synthetic metrics. In general, these things are better done in external monitoring tools.

As you know, I already removed most of the metrics from the metrics.config, and the few that are left, I can easily write in C++. What we’ll miss out is the flexibility for operators to create new metrics from the existing ATS metrics (but see above).

If there are no strong arguments for removing metrics.config, i’d like to kill metrics.config for v8.0.0.

Thanks,

— leif

Re: [PROPOSAL] Kill metrics.config

Posted by Chris Lemmons <al...@gmail.com>.