Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Sam Ruby <ru...@us.ibm.com> on 2001/05/01 16:52:14 UTC

Time for a release?

There seems to be a number of calls for an updated version of SOAP 2.2...if
for no other reason than the increased interoperability made possible by
supporting later versions of the XML Schema.  Also the current code base
will support more parsers, and more versions of the Xerces parser.

Finally, I think it would be really cool if we could be running a relesaed
version of Apache Soap at the interop demo next week while the others have
to settle for running betas.  ;-)

Thoughts?  Volunteers?

If nobody else wants the job, I'll take a look into packaging what we've
got, building a small readme, and shipping this puppy out.

- Sam Ruby

Re: Time for a release?

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@computer.org>.
As a non-committer, I have no official input, of course, but I highly encourage you to
cut a release of the current code.  As you've cited, it is significantly improved over
2.1.  There are many things we actively do with the nightly builds that do not work with
the 2.1 release.  It would be a great help to have a stable release for us to base our
efforts on.

Scott Nichol