Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Joose Vettenranta <jo...@iki.fi> on 2004/07/26 10:34:47 UTC

Cocoon ojb + cforms Almost working

Hi all!

Like everyone has noticed I've been trying to make ojb + cforms to work
and my work is almost done.

I can get stuff from database, put it to forms and even edit the data
in it and add new data!

Now the problem is deleting data.

Seems like deleting from forms does just childs.remove(child) or
something similar so that it is removed from Collection. When I call
DAO.update (bean, factory) it doesn't know that those childs are
removed.

I was thinking how to solve this problem and came up with one solution:

to make deleting to call some own delete(child) so that when deleted,
would actually move that child to another Collection. And when doing
DAO.update (bean, factory) it would actually update changed childs AND
delete deleted childs from that another queue. So how to make forms to
do this?

Ups, almost forgot, my "tutorial" is located currently at
http://joose.iki.fi/ojb/

Thanks,

Joose

--
"Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else!"
* http://iki.fi/joose/ * joose@iki.fi * +358 44 561 0270 *

Re: Cocoon ojb + cforms [WORKING] [SOLVED]

Posted by Joose Vettenranta <jo...@iki.fi>.
Hello everyone!

I'm proud to tell you all that I have now working version of 1:n
relationship with ojb and forms! I'll update my tutorial/sample soon
and then I'll post it to Wiki.

Thanks for the help!

Comments are welcome for the tutorial / sample thing.

- Joose