Posted to users@maven.apache.org by rebels_mascot <bp...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/26 14:59:32 UTC

Find a repository on the local drive

I'm trying to set up a repository that's a level above my parent folder. I've
tried:
  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>project-repo</id>
      <name>Project Repository</name>
      <url>file://../mvn-repo</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

I have this in the parent pom.xml but the child modules can't seem to find
the folder. Isn't the repository meant to be inherited? Am I specifying the
location the wrong way?

Thanks,
Brian

Re: Find a repository on the local drive

Posted by rebels_mascot <bp...@gmail.com>.
hey thanks, seems to have fixed it. Sorry for the stupid question lads!

Re: Find a repository on the local drive

Posted by Roland Asmann <Ro...@cfc.at>.
IMO, the location will be relative from the build-path.. Which means for sub-modules it should actually be
'../../mvn-repo'... Try a hard-coded path, that way you can be sure it ALWAYS resolves to the right repository!
Or add a repository-tag to all your POM's (although this would be overkill if you ask me...).

Hope this helps,

Roland