Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by ronizedsynch <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2011/03/19 07:06:49 UTC

[newbie] I cannot export my tapestry app

good afternoon all :D

How to export tapestry application to war using eclipse ?

I tried to learn com.example.tutorial1 n make some page to it but I
understand how to export this project to war :D

I use jetty plugin for eclipse to run it.

thank to u all that response this newbie question :D

Re: [newbie] I cannot export my tapestry app

Posted by Taha Hafeez <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi

File -> Export -> Web -> war

regards
Taha

Posted by Nikola Milikic <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thank Nikola, it works .. I use "mvn package" command on my suse terminal
> n it makes war file on target project :D

That's great!

because on my eclipse it just looks ->Run As->Run On Server | Java Applet |
> bla bla ..
> there's no Maven package menu.. indeed I ever install maven plugin for
> eclipse but I have failed installation.
> For information I use eclipse Helios 3.6.1..and until now I cannt install
> it
> :) where is the match repo for  maven plugin to my eclipse ?

This should be a matter of some other mailing list, so sorry to others.

Nevertheless, I'll be glad to help you. Obviously, you don't have maven
plugin. I use m2eclipse <http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/> and you can get it
from its update site http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/sites/m2e

Best,
Nikola

Posted by ronizedsynch <sa...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Nikola Milikic <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

As Vangel already mentioned, you can initiate maven packaging from within
Eclipse. Just right click on the project -> Run As -> Maven package. After
that, your war file will be located in the 'target' folder, just under the
app root.

If you have Maven set up to be used from within the terminal (from Linux
this is trivial, from Win couple of steps to
follow<http://maven.apache.org/download.html>),
once navigated to the project's root, initiate 'mvn package' command. It is
essentially what the Eclipse plugin does, it internally calls this command.

Best,
Nikola

Posted by "Vangel V. Ajanovski" <aj...@ii.edu.mk>.
On 03/19/2011 07:06 AM, ronizedsynch wrote:
> How to export tapestry application to war using eclipse ?
If you have setup Maven inside Eclipse you can do "package" (the same
way you do "jetty:run") and you will get a WAR inside the "target" folder.
Maven has lot of options how to do this and that, most are left at
default, so if you need something more specific you will have to set it
up in the "pom.xml".