Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by pe...@peterryan.net on 2003/07/08 19:10:16 UTC

Anakia Custom Velocity Context Support

Hello

I have modified the Anakia ant task to allow multiple context objects. I am not
sure how to submit these changes to the appropriate people to be checked in. I
mailed the changes to Jason van Zyl and Jon S. Stevens but I have not received a
reply.

Essentially it is now possible to configure anakia like this:

<anakia ...>
       	<context name="customContext" file="filepath"/>
        <context .../>
</anakia>

I do not want to include a zip file to this list. Is there somebody who I can
mail the changes to? They include the source code and a unit test for velocity.

Thank you,

Peter Ryan

Re: Anakia Custom Velocity Context Support

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com>.
Hi Peter,

Thanks for your contribution!

Your best bet is to create a bugzilla report, and attach the patch.
(remember to do it in "diff -u" format).  This way it will be publically
available and others can look at it and comment as well.  If you've got any
questions about how to do this, please ask the list.
http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=Velocity

Unfortunately, the current committer list is down to one, Geir Magnusson.
We're trying to get some more committers added which will help to reduce the
backlog of patches.  The plan is to add a few new critical features to
Velocity, do a new release, and then get some of this wider set of patches
in.  But by putting your patch on Bugzilla and publicizing it on this list
other Anakia users can try it out in the meantime.

Best,

WILL