Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by "Diaz Gonzalez, Jaime" <ja...@capgemini.com.INVALID> on 2019/05/31 07:20:33 UTC

API recursively reading parent POMs

Hello everyone,

In my current project we are implementing an algorithm which gets as input the location of a Maven project "B" and tries to load all the compiled classes (including its dependencies) into a customized URLClassLoader.

We have been able to load all the dependencies from the current Maven project B because we have the pom.xml. Our problem is the following:

If project B is a submodule of a parent project A, project A may define other modules like C or D. We need to load also the compiled classes and dependencies from C and D because B is using some of its libraries.

My question is: is there an API for recursively reading parent POMs as long as they come from the local disc and collect all modules building the project reactor? of if that all has to be written by hand?

Thank you so much for your time.

Yours faithfully,

Jaime Díaz.

[cid:image001.png@01D51791.AFA1C910]Jaime Díaz González
devonfw core team member / European Industrial Center
Junior Consultant
AD Center Valencia

[cid:image001.png@01D410CA.C571BA30][cid:image003.png@01D410CB.F2F672B0]
Capgemini Spain | Valencia
Tel.: +34 961 041 850
www.capgemini.com<http://www.capgemini.com/>

Edificio Europa, Avenida Aragón, 30. 46021 Valencia

devonfw is the CSD standard platform for Capgemini APPS2.
It provides a standardized architecture blueprint for web and Java and .NET applications,
an open best-of-breed technology stack as well as industry proven best practices and code
conventions. It is an industrialization initiative (iCSD) that is aligned across Capgemini APPS2.

You can find more information at: http://devonfw.com<http://devonfw.com/>