Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by can U Helpme <pl...@rediffmail.com> on 2001/10/17 07:54:21 UTC

Apache1.3.2- Tomcat4.0 integration problem

 hi ,
 TRIAL 1
   i am trying to integrate Apache 1.3.2 with Tomcat4.0
 win2000 (professional).
   i have successfully installed both tomcat and Apache.
   i have downloaded the Apr and Apr_utils files from
 http://apr.apache.org
   i have generated the libapr.dll Using VC++ as per the
 procedure.
  This is the procedure i am following :
 1. Get and extract Apr and Apr-utils from
 http://apr.apache.org to c:\apr and c:\apr-utils (for
 example).
 2. Build them with Visual C++. (Use the aprutils.dsw in
 the c:\apr-utils directory and choose to batch build
 everything).
 3. Add the following environment variables (With paths
 appropriate for your system):
     APACHE1_HOME=C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache
     APR_HOME=C:\apr
 4. Build mod_webapp.dll with Visual C++. (Use the
 mod_webapp.dsp in the %TOMCAT4_SRC_HOME%\connectors\apac-
 he-1.3 directory and choose to batch build everything).
 This the point i am stuck . when i try to generate the
 mod_weapp.dll using mod_webapp.c in
 Jakarta-tomcat-connectors it gives me error saying 28
 variables undefined.and Stdint.h not included,and some
 other Std*.h files not included
 6. Add the following lines to
 %APACHE1_HOME%\conf\httpd.conf:
     LoadModule webapp_module modules/mod_webapp.dll
     WebAppConnection warpConnection warp localhost:8008
     WebAppDeploy examples warpConnection /examples/
 7. Change ServerName in %APACHE1_HOME%\conf\httpd.conf
 and defaultHost in %TOMCAT4_HOME%\conf\server.xml to
 match.
 8. Start Tomcat followed by Apache.
 please suggest what shall i do

 Trial 2

 Compiling APR for Microsoft Windows
 Requirements
 Compiling apr, apr-iconv and/or apr-util requires the
 following environment to be properly installed;

   a.. Microsoft Visual C++ 5.0 or higher.

   APR can be built using the command line tools, or
 from within the Visual Studio IDE Workbench. the
 command line tools are configured with the vcvars32
 batch file:
   "c:\Program Files\DevStudio\VC\Bin\vcvars32.bat"

   b.. The Windows Platform SDK.

   Visual C++ 5.0 need the updated Microsoft Windows
 Platform SDK to enable some APR features. For command
 line builds, the Platform SDK environment is prepared
 by the setenv batch file:
   "c:\Program Files\Platform SDK\setenv.bat"

   The Platform SDK files distributed with Visual C++
 6.0 and later are sufficient, so those users may skip
 this requirement.

   Note that the Windows Platform SDK update is required
 to enable all supported features. Without a recent
 update, APR will issue warnings under MSVC++ 5.0 or
 fail to build entirely. Look for the update on
 Microsoft's website, we are afraid they change the link
 to often to cite.

   c.. The awk utility (awk, gawk or similar.)

   To build APR, several files are modified using the
 awk utility. awk was chosen since it is a very small
 download (compared with Perl or WSH/VB) and
 accomplishes the task. Brian Kernighan's
 http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/who/bwk/ site has a
 compiled native Win32 binary,
 http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/who/bwk/awk95.exe which
 you should name awk.exe rather than awk95.exe.
   Note that Developer Studio IDE will only find awk.exe
 from the Tools menu Options... Directories settings for
 the Executable files. Add the path for awk.exe to this
 list, as needed.

 Command-Line Build
 First, unpack the APR distribution into an appropriate
 directory. The directory will contain the apr,
 apr-iconv and apr-util directories. Open a command-line
 prompt and cd to the apr-util directory. Simply use one
 of the following commands to compiled the static or
 dynamic libraries, respectively, on Visual C++ 6.0 or
 later:

 	msdev aprutil.dsw /MAKE \
 		"apriconv - Win32 Release" \
 		"apr - Win32 Release" \
 		"libapr - Win32 Release" \
 		"gen_uri_delims - Win32 Release" \
 		"xml - Win32 Release" \
         	"aprutil - Win32 Release" \

 	msdev aprutil.dsw /MAKE \
 		"libapr - Win32 Release" \
 		"libapriconv - Win32 Release" \
 		"gen_uri_delims - Win32 Release" \
 		"xml - Win32 Release" \
         	"libaprutil - Win32 Release" \

 Either command will compile APR. The latter will build
 the libraries as .dll dynamic shared libraries, rather
 than static libraries.

 Replace Release with Debug to include debugging
 information in the resulting files, making it easier to
 find bugs and track down problems.

 Developer Studio Workspace IDE Build
 APR can also be compiled using VC++'s VisualStudio
 development environment. To simplify this process, a
 complete VisualStudio workspace, apr-util/aprutil.dsw,
 is provided. This workspace exposes the entire list of
 working .dsp projects that are required for the
 complete APR binary release. It includes dependencies
 between the projects to assure that they are built in
 the appropriate order.

 Open the apr-util/aprutil.dsw workspace, and choose
 either aprutil or libaprutil (for static or dynamic
 libraries) with the Release or Debug build as the
 Active Project. aprutil.dsw causes all related projects
 to be built.

 The apr test environment can be compiled using VC++'s
 VisualStudio development environment with the
 apr/test/aprtest.dsw project. This workspace exposes
 the apr/apr.dsp static library and the
 apr/test/aprtest.dsp projects that allow the developer
 to assemble the entire test application suite.

 The .dsp project files are distributed in Visual C++
 6.0 format. Visual C++ 5.0 (97) will recognize them. To
 quickly prepare the .dsp files in the native Visual
 Studio 5.0 (97) format, you can run this command from
 the top-level apr directory (above apr, apr-util and
 apr-iconv):

      perl apr\build\cvtdsp.pl -5

 You must type this command from the top level directory
 of the apr source tree. Every VC6 .dsp project file
 within the current directory and below will be listed
 as it is converted. If you contribute back a patch that
 revises project files, please convert them back with
 the the -6 option instead of -5, which returns the
 project files to Visual Studio 6.0 format.

 Integrating the Library
 Library Components
 The apr-util/aprutil.dsw workspace builds the .dsp
 projects of the Apache server listed with dependent
 projects preceeding their dependencies:

   1.. apr-util\aprutil.dsp
   2.. apr-util\libaprutil.dsp
   3.. apr-util\uri\gen_uri_delims.dsp
   4.. apr-util\xml\expat\lib\xml.dsp
   5.. apr-iconv\apriconv.dsp
   6.. apr-iconv\libapriconv.dsp
   7.. apr\apr.dsp
   8.. apr\libapr.dsp
 The libXXX projects create .dll targets, dynamic shared
 libraries. Their non-libXXX counterparts create static
 .lib targets.

 To compile code for the libraries, the consuming
 compiliation must include the apr/include and
 apr-util/include directories in their include file
 search paths. To target the static .lib versions of the
 library, the consuming compiliation must define the
 macros APR_DECLARE_STATIC and APU_DECLARE_STATIC. This
 prevents the apr and apr-util symbols from being tagged
 as __declspec(dllimport), eliminating compiliation
 warnings and speeding up execution.

 Warning about building Apache from the development tree

 Only the .dsp files are maintained within CVS. Win32
 .mak files are NOT maintained in CVS, due to the
 tremendous waste of reviewer's time. Therefore, you
 cannot rely on the NMAKE commands above to build
 revised .dsp project files unless you then export all
 .mak files yourself from the project. This is
 unnecessary if you build from within the Microsoft
 DeveloperStudio environment, or use Visual C++ 6.0 or
 greater.

 i even  followed the following procedure
 Trial 3
 Secondly i found in jguru tomcat forum someone had
 generated the dlls required for integration an was
 available for download which i placed at the required
 destinations i started tomcat and Apache ,i made the
 necessary changes in server.xml and httpd.conf as above
 .it shows that tomcat is integrated with Apache
 also i can view Apache start page when i type
 http://localhost
 and also when i type http://localhost:8080 i can seen
 the index page of tomcat and also execute the examples ,
 but when i try to call this url
 :-http://localhost:8008/examples/ it should show me
 examples of tomcat but it shows ERROR 500 Application
 Not Deployed Properly and error in pc_wrap.c file.
  i am also enclosing the the dll i found in the Forum
 which i have used for ur reference
 Please help.

 Thank You in Advance,
 kaushal
 (kaushalshah77@hotmail.com)

Re: Apache1.3.2- Tomcat4.0 integration problem

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Barry White at barrywhite@charter.net wrote:

> Just go here
> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.1/bin/win32
> / and get the mod_webapp module.
> I did this and it works great (alsoWin200).

Whoha. That's astonishing :)

> The installation instructions are very good also.
> =)

And this is a _joke_ :) :) :)

    Pier

Re: Apache1.3.2- Tomcat4.0 integration problem