Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Tom Eicher <te...@teicher.net> on 2022/01/25 11:05:49 UTC

migrate EE6 project from ant buiild to mvn/gradle

Hello,

I have an ear project with one ejb and one war subprojects,
that originates from Netbeans 7.2, using an ant build.

I have been unable to upgrade for a long time (after NB8) due
to missing wildfly plugin and other troubles, but now I'm up
and running with Apache Netbeans 12.6 !

We did that after upgrading our project from wildfly 10 to 25,
and this was a very painful process that took over a week,
and we had to patch and change all those file in nbproject like
build.xml
nbproject/ant-deploy.xml
nbproject/build-impl.xml
nbproject/genfiles.properties
nbproject/private
nbproject/private/private.properties
nbproject/private/private.xml
nbproject/project.properties
nbproject/project.xml
(and all those files 3 times, for ear, war and ejb)

all projects refer to libraries either checked in, j2ee standard
and/or provided by wildfly (like
../../wildfly-25.0.1.Final/modules/system/layers/base/com/fasterxml/jackson/core/jackson-annotations/main/jackson-annotations-2.12.3.jar)

My question is, how can I get out of this situation?

Can I move my build to a more modern build system (mvn, gradle, ...)
Can I somehow generate mvn/gradle build files from my (working) ant
project?
If not, what would be a good approach to do this manually?

(Theoretically my setup is not so exotic, it's EE6 on wildfly with
a few things manually added for wicket, hibernate (für multitenancy),
jadira, pdfbox etc)

Thanx & Cheers Tom.

Re: Trouble with file access permission in a C++ projet

Posted by Bradley Willcott <op...@gmail.com>.
The following was copied from my previous email responce on this type of
problem:

NB: Tools -> Plugins -> Settings:
Activate: Netbeans 8.2 Plugin Portal

Switch to -> Updates:
Click on: [Check for Updates]

Switch to -> Available Plugins:
Install: "C/C++" plugin

Hope this helps.
Brad.

*(**/Gj - Would it be possible to set-up this info somewhere to avoid me
having to repeat it?/**)*

Posted by antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
Hi,

As far as I know, in cpplite the "compile commands" are the exact
command(s?) you want to use to compile your stuff.

Something like (*):

C:\cygwin64\bin\c++.exe -g -I\cygwin64\whatever\include myfile.c main.c
another.c -o myfile

The "run command" would then be:

".\myfile"

And the "clean command" would be

"del myfile"

(Can't tell if you need to use double slashes in Windows, for instance
".\\myfile" instead of ".\myfile", that's something you'll have to
experiment yourself).

These are very basic commands, we'll have to wait until cnd is ready to
merge to recover the Makefile projects.

Cheers,
Antonio

(*)
I don't know if cpplite admits multiple commands, like:

C:\cygwin64\bin\c++.exe -c -g myfile.c -o myfile.o
C:\cygwin64\bin\c++.exe -c -g b.c -o b.o
C:\cygwin64\bin\c++.exe myfile.o b.o -Lwhatever -o myfile

Posted by slipbits <sl...@slipbits.com>.
Hi;

Posted by antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
Hi,

Posted by slipbits <sl...@slipbits.com>.
NB 12.6
Win7-64

I'm trying to get C++ up an running. I think I've got everything set up
correctly but I get an access violation at build time. I've checked all
of the security permission on the path for my account, and in each
directory I see that in the Security Property pop-up I have no
permissions, but when I try to change the permissions, it says I have
Full Control and all permissions are available.

I think the problem is that I have all the permissions, which allows me
to do changes in the directories on the path, but somehow these
permissions are not public for NB to see, or, I just don't understand
the problem. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Win7 Security dialog (in Windows Explorer)
     <dir> right-click: Properties->Security Permissions for <myaccount>
nothing
      <dir> right-click: Properties->Security->Advanced->Change
Permissions->Edit all permissions granted

NB Diagnostic Message
     Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Cannot run program
"C:\cygwin64\lib\gcc\x86_64-pc-cygwin\11\include\c++": CreateProcess
error=5, Access is denied
         at
java.base/java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1143)
         at
java.base/java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1073)
         at
org.netbeans.modules.cpplite.project.runner.Runner.main(Runner.java:35)
     Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=5, Access is denied
         at java.base/java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
         at java.base/java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(ProcessImpl.java:494)
         at java.base/java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:159)
         at
java.base/java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1110)
         ... 2 more

Re: migrate EE6 project from ant buiild to mvn/gradle

Posted by Pieter van den Hombergh <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tom,

In such a situation, I would start from a new maven project, and then
gradually include your stuff into that new project.
Netbenas will provide some help with finding the maven dependencies, some
others (in particular local ones) you might have to add by hand, but that
is also straightforward. In you case I would start with the EJB maven
template, and in the configuration step of the wizard select your wildfly
platform.

Pieter

On Tue, Jan 25, 2022 at 12:06 PM Tom Eicher <te...@teicher.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have an ear project with one ejb and one war subprojects,
> that originates from Netbeans 7.2, using an ant build.
>
> I have been unable to upgrade for a long time (after NB8) due
> to missing wildfly plugin and other troubles, but now I'm up
> and running with Apache Netbeans 12.6 !
>
> We did that after upgrading our project from wildfly 10 to 25,
> and this was a very painful process that took over a week,
> and we had to patch and change all those file in nbproject like
> build.xml
> nbproject/ant-deploy.xml
> nbproject/build-impl.xml
> nbproject/genfiles.properties
> nbproject/private
> nbproject/private/private.properties
> nbproject/private/private.xml
> nbproject/project.properties
> nbproject/project.xml
> (and all those files 3 times, for ear, war and ejb)
>
> all projects refer to libraries either checked in, j2ee standard
> and/or provided by wildfly (like
>
> ../../wildfly-25.0.1.Final/modules/system/layers/base/com/fasterxml/jackson/core/jackson-annotations/main/jackson-annotations-2.12.3.jar)
>
> My question is, how can I get out of this situation?
>
> Can I move my build to a more modern build system (mvn, gradle, ...)
> Can I somehow generate mvn/gradle build files from my (working) ant
> project?
> If not, what would be a good approach to do this manually?
>
> (Theoretically my setup is not so exotic, it's EE6 on wildfly with
> a few things manually added for wicket, hibernate (für multitenancy),
> jadira, pdfbox etc)
>
> Thanx & Cheers Tom.

Pieter Van den Hombergh.
No software documentation is complete with out it's source code.