Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Phil Steitz <ph...@steitz.com> on 2003/10/13 06:54:49 UTC

[collections] Should LazyMap use a Transformer instead of a Factory?

When a LazyMap creates a value on demand, it seems natural to use a
Transformer that takes the key as input. In many (most?) cases, the key
might be ignored, but it makes sense to make it available. LazyMap does
have a protected Transformer member that it uses to create values, but
the decorate method takes a Factory (which is converted to an
effectively argumentless Transformer using
TransformerUtils.asTransformer(Factory)). Why not have decorate take a
Transformer?  This would seem to be more flexible. Am I missing something?

Phil

Re: [collections] Should LazyMap use a Transformer instead of a Factory?

Posted by Phil Steitz <st...@yahoo.com>.
Sorry.  Yes, it was me who was dreaming -- I misread the code.  The
functionality that I was looking for is there.

Phil

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.