Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Mat Schaffer <ma...@schaffer.me> on 2009/09/15 14:40:44 UTC

Running using multiple test frameworks

Hi, back again. Also in redcar we have some ruby specs (to test java-
ruby integration) and some junit tests (to test the core java).

It looks like buildr doesn't have support for multiple test frameworks
by just using two test.using lines. Is there some other recommended
approach for this or should I start patching again? :)

-Mat

Re: Running using multiple test frameworks

Posted by Rhett Sutphin <rh...@detailedbalance.net>.
Hi Mat,

On Sep 15, 2009, at 9:05 AM, Mat Schaffer wrote:

> On Sep 15, 2009, at 10:01 AM, Rhett Sutphin wrote:
>> I am still using the subproject approach.  Actually, I've found
>> that I prefer it -- it lets me segment the test runs so that I can
>> easily execute just the server-side or just the client-side unit
>> tests.
>
> That sounds great to me. Would you might posting an example that I
> could work off of or let me know what I've got wrong in my buildfile?

I looked at your buildfile, but I didn't see anything wrong with it.
I've had issues with buildr's jtestr support in the past -- I spent a
while debugging it, but then I realized I could more easily switch to
using buildr's direct rspec support (which works great).  Consider
that if it's an option for you.  That said, my issues with buildr/
jtestr were (IIRC) with it not picking up / applying options
correctly.  You don't seem to be passing any options, so it's probably
unrelated,

The project I was asking about is on is open source, so you can see
the whole thing if you like.  The buildfile: https://ncisvn.nci.nih.gov/svn/psc/trunk/buildfile
  .  The psc:web module is the one that is tested two ways -- the
server-side code is tested in psc:web itself and the client-side code
is in the psc:web:js-spec subproject.

Rhett

Re: Running using multiple test frameworks

Posted by Mat Schaffer <ma...@schaffer.me>.
On Sep 15, 2009, at 10:01 AM, Rhett Sutphin wrote:
> I am still using the subproject approach.  Actually, I've found that
> I prefer it -- it lets me segment the test runs so that I can easily
> execute just the server-side or just the client-side unit tests.

That sounds great to me. Would you might posting an example that I
could work off of or let me know what I've got wrong in my buildfile?

Thanks so much. And sorry for not searching the ML first :-/

Posted by Rhett Sutphin <rh...@detailedbalance.net>.
Hi Mat,

Posted by Mat Schaffer <ma...@schaffer.me>.
On Sep 15, 2009, at 9:27 AM, Rhett Sutphin wrote:

> Hi Mat,
>
> On Sep 15, 2009, at 7:40 AM, Mat Schaffer wrote:
>
>> Hi, back again. Also in redcar we have some ruby specs (to test
>> java-ruby integration) and some junit tests (to test the core java).
>>
>> It looks like buildr doesn't have support for multiple test
>> frameworks by just using two test.using lines. Is there some other
>> recommended approach for this or should I start patching again? :)
>
> I asked a similar question a couple of months ago.  Here's the thread:
>
> http://markmail.org/search/?q=buildr%20multiple%20test%20frameworks#query:buildr%20multiple%20test%20frameworks+page:1+mid:ikcks6n2lo7zwv2p+state:results
>
> Rhett

Sweet, thanks Rhett! I tried the subproject option but I couldn't get
the jtestr tests to actually run. Maybe I have something set up wrong
though. The buildfile is http://gist.github.com/187287 and I have the
a jtestr/spec folder. But the specs just don't seem to be running.

Did you end up getting something working using the test extensions
that Assaf mentioned?

Thanks,

Posted by Rhett Sutphin <rh...@detailedbalance.net>.
Hi Mat,