Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> on 2002/05/03 19:03:38 UTC

Maven is growing

Nice to see people who are upset about Maven actually recognizing that it is
pretty cool and can be made better (have to start somewhere, right?).

Berin posted this:

> Despite my comments on General@, I really like what maven offers.  There
> are some things that I would like to have in Maven or Centipede, so I
> guess the best thing is to lend a hand.  I have limited time, so I will
> start with participating on the dev list.  If I can manage code patches
> I will send them here.

Sam is also on the list and participating.

:-)

Eeeeexxxxcceeeelllleeeeennnntttt
(Said in the voice of Mr. Burns from the Simpsons)

:-)

Come join the madness. Let's get all of our projects running under
Maven...just like we originally got all of our projects running under Ant (I
was one of the first people who created a build.xml when Ant was released as
OSS).

Let's get a world where all I have to do is type 'ant' to build *every*
project and not have to worry about finding/building/installing
dependencies.

-jon

Re: Maven is growing

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
You know how many views /. gets? Microsoft.com?

This is getting _really_ silly.

LOL

On Fri, 2002-05-03 at 20:00, Jon Scott Stevens wrote:
> on 5/3/02 10:37 AM, "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > page views dude, just my way of thanking you for publicity.
> > project just switched repositories.
>
> OHHHH...page views dude?...you didn't say that...
>
> well, just yesterday we had:
>
> [daedalus] 10:56am ~ > grep -c "/maven/" 02
> 7546
>
> Looks like the *entire* life of your project has been around 9500...
>
> Ohhhhhh....Ahhhhhhhh....

Re: Maven is growing

Posted by co...@covalent.net.
On Fri, 3 May 2002, Jon Scott Stevens wrote:

> well, just yesterday we had:
>
> [daedalus] 10:56am ~ > grep -c "/maven/" 02
> 7546
>
> Looks like the *entire* life of your project has been around 9500...
>
> Ohhhhhh....Ahhhhhhhh....

My english vocabulary is too limited to express what I feel
reading this...

Maybe ashamed to be in the same 'community' with this kind of
person.

Costin

Re: Maven is growing

Posted by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.

Re: Maven is growing

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.

Re: Maven is growing

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Jon Scott Stevens wrote:
> on 5/3/02 10:37 AM, "Berin Loritsch" <bl...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>>Jon Scott Stevens wrote:

>>>50 cvs actions over the life of the project?
>>>
>>>Ooohhhh....Ahhhhhh....
>>
>>And who is the hypocrite this time?
>>
>>>From a previous post of yours (copy and pasted):
>>

>>I listen to the following:
>>
>>   Code.
>>   Patches.
>

> ?????. I think I made myself pretty clear.

I see, shorten your list, ignore your negatives--just so you can
escape your own double-talk.  I see how you play the game :)

Seriously Jon, I put my money where my mouth is.  YOu can ask
anyone that knows me.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin

Re: Maven is growing

Posted by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.

Re: Maven is growing

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Jon Scott Stevens wrote:
> on 5/3/02 10:19 AM, "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>>http://sourceforge.net/project/stats/?group_id=36516
>

> 50 cvs actions over the life of the project?
>
> Ooohhhh....Ahhhhhh....

And who is the hypocrite this time?

 From a previous post of yours (copy and pasted):

I listen to the following:

     Code.
     Patches.
     Real suggestions for improvement.
     Intelligent discussion.

I don't listen to the following:

     Flame wars about technologies used.
     Whiny people who can't learn a new technology.
     Whiny people who only use 'standards'.
     People who are clearly without a clue.
     Hypocrites.

So you can't stand to learn a new technology, huh?
You can't be bothered to try to improve things, huh?

I think this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black.
Careful what you say, it will bite you later.

Re: Maven is growing

Posted by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.

Re: Maven is growing

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.

Re: Maven is growing

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Jon Scott Stevens wrote:
> Nice to see people who are upset about Maven actually recognizing that it is
> pretty cool and can be made better (have to start somewhere, right?).
>
> Berin posted this:
>

>>Despite my comments on General@, I really like what maven offers.  There
>>are some things that I would like to have in Maven or Centipede, so I
>>guess the best thing is to lend a hand.  I have limited time, so I will
>>start with participating on the dev list.  If I can manage code patches
>>I will send them here.
>

> Sam is also on the list and participating.
>
> :-)

Remember, I participate as long as I feel welcome.  If I don't feel
welcome, I move one.

Both projects have alot to offer.  Are you on the Centipede list?
You might find something to learn there as well.