Posted to dev@trafficcontrol.apache.org by Jeremy Mitchell <mi...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/04 16:18:05 UTC

Re: 2022-01-04 TC Working Group Agenda and Meeting Notes

as a new quarter is upon us, is it time to consider getting 6.1 ready?

Posted by ocket 8888 <oc...@gmail.com>.
1. Attendance
    - Amy Wilson
    - Jeremy Mitchell
    - Juliet Ngwe
    - Zach Hoffman
    - Stephen Hamrick
    - Srijeet Chatterjee
    - Taylor Frey
2. Can/should we cut a release candidate for 6.1?
    - Nothing is holding it up of which we can think.
    - We would like to get rid of unnecessary dependency "vendoring",
which should (theoretically) be quite simple.
    - Added a few things to the 6.1 milestone
    - Tentatively plan to cut branch one week from today
    - We have a 6.0.2 milestone with incomplete dependencies, contents
to be moved to 6.1
3. Automatic log rotation as a default setting in Log4J for Traffic Router
    - With the new Log4J version, log rotating is being done daily,
whereas before it needed to be done out of the scope of ATC. We should
probably revert to that behavior, so that log rotation is unchanged on
upgrade.
    - that change can be backported to 5.x
4. Any insights from GopherCon 2021?
    - playlist posted to slack
5. Go 1.18 - including generics - is scheduled to be released in
roughly a month's time.
6. GHA for collaborator status in review (#6424)
    - Should a note be added to CONTRIBUTING.md regarding Collaborator
status and requirements?
        - yes
    - We should add (a) wiki section(s) for the various levels of
project collaboration (PMC, committer, etc.)
7. We have 16 GitHub security alerts, 12 of which are coming from
unmanaged dependencies of Traffic Portal - and 10 of those are from
jQuery "datatables" alone.
    - A milestone will be added to track the table conversion process
8. Clean up old projects
    - CDN Locks project can be closed
    - Moved #2488 to "Review in Progress"
    - TO Access Control v2 project can be closed
    - Self-Service Change Integrity project closed as unused/unmanaged
and too broad
9. ML: Srijeet Chatterjee is now a Committer
10. ML: Layered Profiles blueprint
11. ML: ATC 5.1.5 and 6.0.2 released

Posted by Zach Hoffman <zr...@apache.org>.
Consider discussing: