Posted to user@struts.apache.org by allanjackson <al...@ku.edu> on 2015/08/25 19:19:33 UTC

s:hidden generating invalid html for css_xhtml theme

When using the css_xhtml theme the s:hidden tag is generating TR and TD tags
because it is just inheriting directly from the xhtml theme. Since the
css_xhtml theme does not use tables, these tags are invalid html.

The css_xhtml theme needs to pull its s:hidden tag from the simple theme
instead of the xhtml theme.

Re: s:hidden generating invalid html for css_xhtml theme

Posted by allanjackson <al...@ku.edu>.
Ah, thanks! I was using 2.3.20. Glad to hear the issue is already fixed.

From: "Lukasz Lenart [via Struts]" <ml...@n5.nabble.com>>
Date: Tuesday, August 25, 2015 at 11:56 PM
To: Allan Jackson <al...@ku.edu>>
Subject: Re: s:hidden generating invalid html for css_xhtml theme

> When using the css_xhtml theme the s:hidden tag is generating TR and TD tags
> because it is just inheriting directly from the xhtml theme. Since the
> css_xhtml theme does not use tables, these tags are invalid html.
>
> The css_xhtml theme needs to pull its s:hidden tag from the simple theme
> instead of the xhtml theme.

What Struts version do you use? It's already resolved in 2.3.24
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-4454

and you can try to override the template by adding your own version to
WEB-INF/template/css_html

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]</user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=5718108&i=2>

http://struts.1045723.n5.nabble.com/s-hidden-generating-invalid-html-for-css-xhtml-theme-tp5718104p5718108.html
NAML<http://struts.1045723.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Re: s:hidden generating invalid html for css_xhtml theme

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.