Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Chris Darroch <ch...@pearsoncmg.com> on 2009/03/05 18:52:59 UTC

Re: [summary] accept mod_fcgid codebase into httpd project

Chris Darroch wrote:

> Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>
>> Yes, that is what I prefer as well.  All paperwork is done, so please
>> let us know when you have an export.  I (or one of the other svnadmins)
>> will have to massage it a bit to prefix the sourceforge ids, so just
>> point us to the dump file when you have it ready.
>
>    It should be in people.apache.org:/home/chrisd/donations/mod_fcgid now.
>
>    I used the default "full" cvs2svn conversion; if you want one with just
> the trunk and without the small number of CVS tags in the mod_fcgid
> repository, let me know.  There weren't any branches or anything too
> complex in the SF repository.

   Sorry not to follow up on this for a while; been busy with other
stuff.  Is there anything else I can help with here?  I'd be happy to
tackle munging IDs if someone can provide a quick tutorial on what's
needed.

   I should probably also ask about setting up mailing lists,
a Bugzilla entry, and getting Web site mojo for mod_fcgid.  It would
be good to have stuff up and running so we can let people on the old
SourceForge mailing lists know about the adoption, among other things.

   Once the code's in SVN I figured I'd try to do the following:

- apply license changes
- create legacy 2.x branch
- apply whitespace changes to match httpd standard
- begin applying functional patches

   Thoughts?

Chris.

--