Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Dale, Matt" <Ma...@beCogent.com> on 2004/06/07 23:03:35 UTC

persist sessions in a clustered environment

Hi,

We have been experiencing problems with our cluster using in-memory replication so we are looking into other ways in which to replicate the sessions. Our first step will be to switch to asynchronous mode for the replication from pooled but what i'm stuck with is replicating sessions to a shared file system. Basically I want to know how to do it or if someone can point me towards examples.

Ta
Matt

Re: Creator --> Tomcat

Posted by James Black <jb...@ieee.org>.
erics@email.arizona.edu wrote:

>Hi!
>  I have been working with Sun's Studio Creator early release, and am trying to
>transfer a project of automatically-built files to Tomcat.
>  There seems to be no explicit documentation on how to do this.
>
>I have copied the seemingly appropriate file structure [folder with .jsp and
>WEB-INF folder] to Tomcat's
>webapps directory, but cannot get the application to start up.  It is just a
>simple page with calculations.

  If you look at the logs you will find some exceptions were thrown.  I
don't remember all of them, but there are 2-4 jar files that need to be
included.
  You will probably need
commons-beanutils.jar
commons-digester.jar

  I didn't try it on tomcat4, so if you are doing it there, if it works,
it will require some other jar files.

  Just delete your logs, restart tomcat, look at the log file, find
where the exception is thrown, get the new file to put in, and repeat.

  I have already reported this to Sun a month or so ago.

--
"Love is mutual self-giving that ends in self-recovery." Fulton Sheen
James Black    james@usf.edu

Creator --> Tomcat

Posted by er...@email.arizona.edu.
Hi!
  I have been working with Sun's Studio Creator early release, and am trying to
transfer a project of automatically-built files to Tomcat.
  There seems to be no explicit documentation on how to do this.

I have copied the seemingly appropriate file structure [folder with .jsp and
WEB-INF folder] to Tomcat's
webapps directory, but cannot get the application to start up.  It is just a
simple page with calculations.

  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you, erics

Re: persist sessions in a clustered environment

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev <de...@hanik.com>.
persist sessions in a clustered environmentuse the PersistenceManager instead of the clustering if all you want is to write sessions to a file system.
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/config/manager.html

Did you need any help figuring out why in memory replication didn't work?
Filip