Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Corin Moss <Co...@tvnz.co.nz> on 2004/03/07 23:56:25 UTC

Locks within AbstractReadWriteStore

Hi Guys,

When I first started looking at the persistent store I mentioned the
read/write locks contained within AbstractReadWriteStore as a potential
issue.  Under load test with the new JCS based store I'm still seeing
really high iowait usage after about 10-12 hours (similar to what I
noticed with the JISP based store.)  I suspect that there may indeed be
a problem somewhere within this part of the store.

The cache is no longer corrupt after the test (it was with the old JISP
store), but it does still take a long time to get anything written to
it. What I'll try and do is perform a similar test, outside of the
Cocoon environment using the JCS library and see if I can recreate this.

I also notice that there's a new release of
EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent - so I'll have a look at this as well.

Carsten - I noticed your tag on the A-R-W store - do you have any more
info on this? I realise that it's an Avalon component, but I guess it
started its life here with all the other store classes?

Let me know if anyone has more experience with this particular class :)

Corin

Corin Moss
Lead Developer
TVNZ Interactive