Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/15 12:44:26 UTC

please vote for SPR-3890 to improve Camel's JMS support for both JMS transactions and efficiency

For a background to the problem see this issue
http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-163

Basically we can't use efficient JMS consumption (using CACHE_CONSUMER
level of caching) with spring's MessageListenerContainer while at the
same time using a single JMS transaction to do things like

  from("activemq:queueA").to("activemq:queueB");

We've erred on the side of caution so that Camel out of the box, as
part of CAMEL-163 - will try and use a single JMS transaction for
consuming and sending within the same route - the downside is due to
the spring bug (SPR-3890) we cannot reuse sessions & connections
across messages. This actually means that each message consumed will
involve the creation & closing of a new session & consumer! Which is
insanely inefficient :(

So it'd be good if folks voted for this issue...
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/spring/browse/SPR-3890

then hopefully the spring folks will fix it :) It looks like a fairly
trivial fix too - Guillaume has even offered to provide a patch...

--
James
-------

Open Source SOA