Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/09 18:29:04 UTC

Release Apache Spark 2.4.5 and 2.4.6

Hi, All.

Along with the discussion on 3.0.0, I'd like to discuss about the next
releases on `branch-2.4`.

As we know, `branch-2.4` is our LTS branch and also there exists some
questions on the release plans. More releases are important not only for
the latest K8s version support, but also for delivering important bug fixes
regularly (at least until 3.x becomes dominant.)

In short, I'd like to propose the followings.

    1. Apache Spark 2.4.5 release (2020 January)
    2. Apache Spark 2.4.6 release (2020 July)

Of course, we can adjust the schedule.
This aims to have a pre-defined cadence in order to give release managers
to prepare.

Bests,
Dongjoon.

PS. As of now, `branch-2.4` has 135 additional patches after `2.4.4`.

Re: Release Apache Spark 2.4.5 and 2.4.6

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@gmail.com>.
Thank you all. I'll make a PR to Apache Spark website.

Bests,
Dongjoon.

Posted by Wenchen Fan <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Takeshi Yamamuro <li...@gmail.com>.