Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Jay Lawrence <jj...@mailcan.com> on 2007/12/21 12:27:01 UTC

Turbine and Wicket co-existence while migrating frameworks

About 3 1/2 yrs ago we chose Turbine as our web application framework. It has
served us well and we've grown an application using it. Last summer we
evaluated our options and have decided to give wicket a try.

Given the complexity of our app it's not very desirable to make a clean
switch - we'd really like to find a way to make the two frameworks co-exist
to some degree or another. We envision invoking Turbine from within Wicket
and somehow keep track of session for both.

Has someone, or is someone out there considering this? Any experiences, etc.
would be appreciated!

Jay

Re: Turbine and Wicket co-existence while migrating frameworks

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
> About 3 1/2 yrs ago we chose Turbine as our web application framework. It has
> served us well and we've grown an application using it. Last summer we
> evaluated our options and have decided to give wicket a try.
>
> Given the complexity of our app it's not very desirable to make a clean
> switch - we'd really like to find a way to make the two frameworks co-exist
> to some degree or another. We envision invoking Turbine from within Wicket
> and somehow keep track of session for both.
>
> Has someone, or is someone out there considering this? Any experiences, etc.
> would be appreciated!

No experience with that, but maybe comparable to integrating with JSP,
of which there are several threads in the archive and a post on Al's
blog: http://herebebeasties.com/2007-03-01/jsp-and-wicket-sitting-in-a-tree/

Eelco