Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Srinivasa Manthena <sm...@yahoo.com> on 2001/10/24 21:29:09 UTC

node-set implementation in XSLTC

Hi,

We are using xt:node-set kind of syntax very
extensively and I have seen in release-notes that
XSLTC doesn't support node-set implementation. Is that
true or is there any expected date that this can be
enhanced?

Any input would be really great.

Thank you.

-Srinivasa

http://personals.yahoo.com

Re: node-set implementation in XSLTC

Posted by Tom Amiro <To...@Sun.COM>.
Sorry the documentation is out of date.
XSLTC has been enhanced to support result
tree fragments as node sets. You don't have
to use a special extension. Just assign the
RTF to a variable and use it as if it were
a node set.

Tom

Posted by Morten Jorgensen <mo...@sun.com>.
Srinivasa,

XSLTC does support result-tree fragments as parameters to
the <xsl:for-each/> and <xsl:apply-templates/> elements.
The conversion from result-tree fragment to node-set is
automatic so there is no need for a node-set() function
(even though we may want to add one). You can currently
use result-tree fragments with XSLTC as follows:

  <xsl:variable name="blob">
    <rabarbra>
      <foo><A/></foo>
      <foo><B/></foo>
      <foo><C/></foo>
    </rabarbra>
  </xsl:variable>

  <xsl:template .....>
    <xsl:apply-templates select="$blob"/>
    <xsl:for-each select="$blob">
    </xsl:for-each>
  </xsl:template>

Note that the result-tree fragment cannot be part of an
XPath expression - it must be used by itself only.

Morten Jorgensen,
XML Technology Centre,
Sun Microsystems Ireland ltd.