Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2005/09/29 04:58:30 UTC

[ApacheDS][ACDFEngine] How to handle multiple or no userGroups?

Trustin,

A user could be in multiple userGroups or none at all.  I have two
questions:

1). Can we just pass null to the ACDFEngine's checkPermission() method
when the user is not in a group?

2). If the user is in multiple groups how do we determine if the user
should be granted/denied access?

Alex

Re: [ApacheDS][ACDFEngine] How to handle multiple or no userGroups?

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

2005/9/29, Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>:

> Trustin,
>
> A user could be in multiple userGroups or none at all. I have two
> questions:
>
> 1). Can we just pass null to the ACDFEngine's checkPermission() method
> when the user is not in a group?
>
> 2). If the user is in multiple groups how do we determine if the user
> should be granted/denied access?

I see. I'll change the signature of userGroup to the Collection of LdapName.

Thanks for the heads up.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/