Posted to dev@hudi.apache.org by junling du <du...@gmail.com> on 2022/07/04 09:01:33 UTC

native interface support

Hi folks,
      I am an engineer from bytedance. I am working for integrate hudi on
native sql engine such as Apache Doris.  Currently hudi does not have a
native interface such as c++/Rust,  It is very inconvenient when
integrating with the native SQL engine.
Does community has a plan to provide native interface?

dujunling
2022-7-4

Re: native interface support

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

Overall +1. Love to take this idea forward. At the very least, a good C++
API for HoodieTimeline and HoodieTableFileSystemView should be enough to
get COW working end-end.
One issue is the lack of a standard HFile reader in C++ and given a lot of
our metadata layer uses the HFile format, we may have to invest/investigate
this more.

Thanks
Vinoth

Posted by Forward Xu <fo...@gmail.com>.