Posted to user@hive.apache.org by yogesh dhari <yo...@live.com> on 2012/10/22 20:22:09 UTC

JOIN comparasion PIG V/S HIVE

Hi All,

Is it true that Pig's JOIN operation is not so efficient as of HIVE.

I have just tried over and found differences over JOIN query.

Hive resulted the same as My Sql but Pig resulted some counts lesser then Hive Join.

Please put some light over JOINS in Pig and Hive.

Regards
Yogesh Kumar Dhari

Re: JOIN comparasion PIG V/S HIVE

Posted by Dmitriy Ryaboy <dv...@gmail.com>.
Could you provide sample data and script that would allow us to reproduce this?
Hive is faster at some things. Pig is faster at others. Both produce
correct results.

Posted by Thejas Nair <th...@hortonworks.com>.
Pig also runs its end-to-end tests against benchmark generated from
mysql. Have you looked what rows are causing the difference ? Are you
doing joins on floating point numbers ?

Are you using the default join or any of the specialized joins in pig ?

Thanks,
Thejas