Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by Jim Apple <jb...@apache.org> on 2019/06/03 18:11:28 UTC

Re: [vote] Merge bloom-filter branch to master

I think this message and your last message to the list had no text in them. You can see at https://lists.apache.org/list.html?dev@parquet.apache.org

Posted by 俊杰陈 <cj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jim,

Yes, the implementation is ready on the branch, I meant it hasn't committed
to master yet.

--
Thanks & Best Regards

Re: [vote] Merge bloom-filter branch to master

Posted by Jim Apple <jb...@apache.org>.

Posted by 俊杰陈 <cj...@gmail.com>.
Hmm, it looks very strange, I can see them on sent box. It should be caused
by cellphone mail client. Let me copy them

Hi Ryan

Do you mean proposed spec in parquet format? Since it is already in master
branch, I don't know I should vote it again. If you think I should vote
again, can I will open a vote for that.

For Wes's concern,  I think since the implementation is not yet ready, only
the bloom filter algorithm is determined, reader and writer implementation
are in branch, so I'm using binary file for keeping cross compatibility of
algorithm. Once reader and writer side implementation are ready on both
java and c++ side,  it should be changed to use a parquet file to replace
binary.